We independently research, test, review, and recommend the best products. If you buy something through our links, we may earn a commission(at no cost to you).
What to look for when choosing a shampoo?
“You want to look for a shampoo that repairs and nourishes the hair as it cleans and look for ingredients that contain gentle cleansing agents, vitamins, keratin, and protein,” says Raven Hurtado, hairstylist at Maxine Salon in Chicago. “Use a shampoo that’ll work for your hair type and needs. If you have colored-treated hair, use a color shampoo, a reparative shampoo for breakage and if you have curls, use a shampoo that’s designed for curly hair.” Here’s what shampoo to look for depending on your hair type.
For textured hair: Those with textured hair should look for ingredients like whey and hydrolyzed proteins that strengthen and define curls. Prioritize shampoos that contain ingredients like shea butter and argan oil.
For oily hair: If you have oily hair, look for shampoos with exfoliating ingredients like salicylic and glycolic acids.
For dry hair: To hydrate your strands, look for shampoos with oils like argan, jojoba, and avocado. Many professional-grade shampoos will have these oils in them. A DIY hair mask can also help with hydration.
- Hair regrowth tip – one of the best ways to combat hair loss is to discard that artificial hair growth shampoo with damaging sulfates and choose a shampoo with gentler more natural ingredients
- Biotin Shampoo for Men and Women – Enhance your fine hair with our thinning hair shampoo with biotin and coconut oil that works to nourish your hair with B vitamins for a more voluminous look
- Sulfate Free Shampoo – We feature some of the best natural hair care products in our hydrating biotin with keratin shampoo for fine hair and ditch icky parabens artificial colors and fragrances
- Dry Scalp Shampoo – Try our biotin and coconut oil shampoo for dry scalp care for a less flaky scalp with nourishing biotin vitamins and see how our scalp moisturizer formula can improve your look
- BIOTIN SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER: This biotin treatment shampoo and conditioner set contains biotin as well as hydrolyzed keratin, spirulina extract and several other nutrient rich botanicals
- MORE VOLUME: Biotin is recommended for women and men with fine hair because it naturally helps increase volume; The trick to our biotin conditioner and shampoo is how it coats each strand, giving more space between the follicles for a fuller feeling appearance
- SALON GRADE: Bellisso’s hair thickening products have been formulated in close consultation with leading salon experts; When you need a biotin shampoo and conditioner you can trust, Bellisso is the answer